Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022: Another Shemitah Year

 I lost Nanay and became an ulilang lubos. My prex/vp candidates lost in the elections, a first for me to be all out in support and campaigning. 


I will be leaving this role for a new one next year. After only 3 years with my crew, I will bid them adieu and take on a new challenge in the company.


I was diagnosed with this esophageal condition at risk of becoming a neoplasm. I have to severely change my eating habits, including minimizing caffeine and alcohol. This is on top of hypertension, and a heart condition that may lead to a stroke. Of course, the plethora of maintenance medicines I have started to take to manage all my conditions. Sakit-sakitan portion as my friend would put it. I am having difficulty limiting alcohol (a bit more successful with limiting caffeine). So I dread the outcome of 2023’s executive check-up.


And that led to my struggle to lose weight. I can’t do intermittent fasting anymore.  But toward Q4, I was able to muster the discipline to stick to a diet and exercise regimen. I shed off unwanted weight and fat going into the holiday season.  I have finally signed up personal trainer for home gym. Of course I am putting some back due to Holiday Eating. But I feel more confident that I know how to lose this again.


I have begun serving at Mass again, extending my support to elderly women and the community that cares for them. I heard confession again after more than a decade. But I quickly slipped back. Old habits die hard. I give myself a pat on the back for being to hear confession again.


Aside from that, no major personal project accomplished. Just some improvements like installing solar panels at the beach property. I am still thinking what would  projects for 2023. Daddy Love Season 2? Maybe.  Or maybe finally work on the residence here in the metro, repairs and improvements.


I’m ending the year with a good starting point for savings. The condo is being rented out now. The beach property is also open and has been receiving guests. These are still far from target revenue levels post-employment. But I am pleased.



This really was a reset kind of year for me. I am excited and anxious for what lies ahead.  A blessed 2023 to all.

No comments: