Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Zemana Zanta za Zambales

 It’s my first time to experience Holy Week in the beach house. I arrived yesterday and will be here till Black Saturday. 



I truly deserve this break, exactly a month after I took on the new role officially. it’s been a toxic one month, something I failed to anticipate when I ‘accepted’ this new challenge in Nov last year. (Not that I really had a choice. Lol)


I struggled with making sense of the work schedule. For someone who got used to a 9pm to 5am sleep schedule, the late-night meetings and activities just threw me off. I oscillated between accepting my fate and wanting to challenge the status quo.  Thankfully, I was able to get some respite from the schedule partly after having an expectations-alignment with my bosses. But best of all, they listened to me, even as they gave me clear rationale for the kind of work I was expected to do. 


I really believe that was Divine Intervention at work. As I was struggling on a day-to-day basis, I kept on praying for guidance, for strength and for wisdom. The Lord truly intervened for me, His way of telling me that this is part of His plan. 


Going into Holy Week, I am blessed with a clearer purpose and a lighter load, only because I ‘came to Him whose load is easy and whose burden is light.’


I’m taking the time to finish up on Maria Ressa’s book, maybe stream a movie or two, write some posts and just relax and chill in the summer weather of Zambales.


A meaningful Holy Week to you all!

No comments: