Thursday, March 11, 2021

#StillAlive@55

I want to celebrate each milestone from the time I turned golden. @50 I had a recital in front of friends and family. Yes, I had to subject my poor guests to an hour of my singing. But they would be rewarded with food after. LOL. I chose a place that would have me singing to a sunset. Everything was carefully planned. Alas, there was heavy rain on that day. And the rainclouds obscured the sunset. Guests had no other view but me and my singing. Hahaha


A few months back, and as the pandemic restrictions eased a bit, I was planning a different celebration as I approached 55. It was supposed to be a retro dance party, thinking that by this time, people will be allowed to gather again. But around November, it seemed clear that restrictions would remain. Thankfully, I hadn’t made any major plans yet.


I celebrated @55 visiting a major investment I made back in 2017. Back then, before the Zambales property came about, I was already looking at a beach-side property with a sunset view. But I initially wanted a condo property. I was influenced by a previous boss who had a Tagaytay condo, rather than a house & lot. Ease of maintenance as a concern mainly.


I was googling “Condo by the beach”. Google answered back with this property investment in Camaya Coast. I didn’t realize that they were also selling condo properties. So a quick message that same night and I was chatting with a property consultant. 


That weekend, c3 and I were on our way for an ocular when we hit a flat tire! Was this a sign that I shouldn’t? Hahaha But I still did, anyway. I was shown this only-available unit, sea-facing. Checking the compass, it was angled properly on a hilltop. But the view would be hindered by trees. I actually requested the brokers to cut the branches before I signed off! And upon my next visit, they actually did.


Fast forward to present day. I was finally able to go back and visit the place. c3 and I stayed at the unit. And that was the view of the sunset from the balcony. Yes, the tree is fully grown. So my sunset view has been interestingly shadowed by the branches. 


It was a good milestone celebration for me.




I look back and realize that, @55, I am in a very comfortable place. I would like to think that I have enough options to be ready to retire. I have ticked off a lot of boxes in my bucket list. And I have only the Lord God to thank for it, for willing that all this happen.


I look forward to ticking off a few more. My body composition remains a (tiresome) work in progress. Travel to just a few more places. Maybe get that other degree while teaching again. 


I am working on some more real estate projects. And this is something I never planned, real estate, I mean. But I was just open to opportunities that came my way. I am glad that the projects are works-in-process. I’ll chronicle these perhaps. 


But the real gift to myself is being able to tell a tale, a story and see it come to life as a web series. I will reserve that for my next post! ;-)

No comments: