Sunday, March 28, 2021

I Have A Tale To Tell

Only a Madonna fan would get that reference. LOL. I finally got to tell that tale on a different medium - video this time.

Last year’s lockdown brought about the flowering of Pinoy BL (de-flowering of the public!) And there seems to be no stopping it. Until now, I still see new series coming out. Yes, perhaps not with a viewer or fanbase of GSP or Gameboys, but perhaps enough for the genre to continue till now.


Around quarter 3 last year, I became really curious about the investment needed for something like this. I reached out to my friend who happens to have his own production and streaming portal for gay-themed movies and series (heyPogi.com) Entry costs into this are much lower now, thanks to technology advancements. He encouraged me to develop a storyline or concept. He would help me bring it to life.


In a fit of inspiration on a workday early morning, I emailed him my idea for a story. He liked it and said it had potential. Quickly he picked out a director whom I could work with. And we were suddenly chatting and discussing details!


I had to put this on hold during Ghost Month. And when that was over, I was eager to jumpstart. 


Wow. So many learnings on my virgin foray into producing an online web mini-series. Blame it on my shoestring budget and my need for micromanagement. Haha. But I was happy to be very involved, every step of the way: developing the storyline, picking out the talents, developing the script and preparing the location, etc. 


Shooting finally happened 1st week of January 2021. And not after all cast and crew had to undergo swab tests. The director was able to cram all the shooting within the limited budget-days. He was just amazing. And he brought in top-notch crew and equipment, starting with the DOP (director of photography). And through them, I learned of this wonderful original song that ultimately became OST.


Though it was a whirlwind of activity during those shooting days, I still had to pinch myself repeatedly that this was actually HAPPENING!


The series premiered on my birthday in February. A teaser came out the week before. Episode 2 broke 3rd week of March. Yes, all that was planned as the ultimate 55th birthday gift to myself. 


The passion project has opened to good feedback / reactions, I believe. (Including the OST!) And I just have to thank the Lord for willing this to happen. And blessing the wonderful cast and crew, publisher and his team for their time and talent, and even c3 and my family for being so supportive.


Episodes 1 and 2 streaming for Free over at heypogi.com . Just create a Free account and you are good to go. 



2 comments:

Khelcayetano said...

Congratulations!!! 🥰🥰🥰 Sobrang tagos yung OST sa bawat eksena 😭

Anonymous said...

Will check it out.