Monday, January 4, 2010

on planners


im going back to using a planner, the pen & paper kind of planner, not PDA-types. a decade ago, i was using the Franklin Covey planner, based on the Franklin time management modules that merged with Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective people.

i must say that their planners are the most comprehensive, logically designed planners available then. It came with a lot of add-ons to make life even simpler. The best part is the way the planners could actually be archived for easy indexing and referencing. I used it for three years. Until i was seduced by electronic gadgetry - the personal digital assistant.

i went from HP to palm to treo to sony ericsson in my search for the perfect electronic planner, one that would mimic the ease of use the Franklin planner. im now using the iphone and the ical but still, nothing comes close to that planner. my biggest problem with PDA's and smartphones, filing and retrievability of data.

ive gone full circle now, back to using the Franklin planner, after 7 years! i actually didnt think it was still available. But i'm glad it still is, carried locally by Franklin-Covey Phils, or CLCI (Center for Leadership and Change, Inc.)

it is now helping me keep track of my schedules, activities, tasks. and im all the better for it.

so for those looking for the pen-and-paper planner that could really help, try this for size.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to go as green as possible these days and opt on electronic copies of my bills and papers.... but there is really something to the romance of the pen on the paper that is just really hard to let go off. It just makes it more "real", if that is the right word for it.

PG said...

me too....in as much i want to help mother nature, i would rather resort to pda than paper-based organizer...even in our office ..we are urged to only print final copies..not the draft ones...

but when dealing about love letters, that's a different story. paper is still the best medium.

PG ;)

Prince Henry said...

I haven't seen a planner like this. I usually use a planner by task and not by hour. I get frustrated when I see a task undone on a certain period. So Im avaoiding the by-hour planner. But I think I shall see what kind this one offers.

Thanks cc!

---HRHPH

Anonymous said...

CC, where can I buy this planner? Is it only exclusive to online shopping only? I would love to get myself one of these... Thanks!

closet case said...

guys, the planner is available at the CLCI office in Makati. check the link. you may want to check out the time management public seminar to give you a perspective!

Franklin Covey Refills said...

well Im still into franklin covey refills as of the moment. I just coudn't leave them behind even with the electronic planners available today.