Saturday, January 1, 2022

Buhay Pandemia: A Comma, Not A Period.

“The end of the year is usually a period, another sentence starts. But for this year, I feel the holidys were just a comma in the paragraph of my life. The quicker I  continue where I left off, the better I feel.” My tweet earlier.


But I will still indulge in some 2021 navel-gazing.  Work was good, despite the pandemic. I felt I was on top of my game. I guess the Boss agreed to, as he gave me a promotion. 


Personal projects accomplished. The series Daddy Love shoot was Jan 4 and 5 last year. First ep launched in heyPogi around end of Feb (my birthday). Then the edited YouTube cuts followed. I was happy just to break even, as this was just a story I wanted told. I am ecstatic that the series did better than expected. Even ending with Rex Lantano getting a Best Actor nomination. Wow.


I finally have our ancestral land in Cavinti, Laguna transferred in my name. This was a promise I made to my father before he passed. I was blessed to have met good people who helped me in the process. 


We finally had our first harvest of rice from Fierro Farm in Cabangan in November. And it was good tasty rice! 



The new condo along Roxas Blvd. was turned over in February 2021. I finally finished renovation and furnishings last week. So satisfied with how it turned out. 


Physically, I peaked around June last year. It was a home-gym body that I was proud of, proud enough to have it captured on photos professionally. LOL. Then downhill since then. I had to stop lifting weights mid-November as my rotator cuff injury worsened. I tried being plant-based for 7 months. But my blood chem results did not show any difference. So I am back to enjoying meat. Just in time for the holidays.  


I also stopped my daily weigh-ins. I know I will be in for a shock (and disappointment) once I resume by Monday. Ugh. 


Two new cars for the year. One is a company-issue. The other is my personal car. I got to replace Simply Red (my Mx5) with an equally fun, quirky vehicle, Mini C (Mini Cooper S). And I am enjoying driving again. 



But going back to my original thought… a lot of projects are ongoing, year in and year out. Hence, there are no periods, just other punctuation marks. 


The Cabangan resort is opening up to guests. With a few more enhancements, I should be ready for full AirBnB listing. 


And speaking of opening up, I opened up to some team mates about being gay. It happened when they visited the resort. They so appreciated my candor and trust. And I felt so good being able to tell them about my truth.


I am eager to get back to where I left off: work, my personal projects, even working out and keeping fit.  And all the challenges that 2022 has in store for me, bring these on!

No comments: