Saturday, January 29, 2022

Buhay Pandemia: Post Exposure, Post Isolation

 It has been 19 days since the day of test. I got out of isolation on Day 8 following latest guidelines for mild or asymptomatic cases. I was still wearing a mask till Day 10, just to be very sure I don’t transmit to anyone in the household. 

I self-tested on Day 13  using the Clungene brand. Ugh I hate nasal swabs. But I was happy I mustered the courage to do it myself. And on Day 17, two days ago, I went for Saliva RT PCR test in preparation for the trip to the beach house.  Yes, all came negative. I’m clear.



Based on DOH statistics, I was part of 3.5% of cases that are asymptomatic. No sore throat. No colds or cough or sneezing. No fever. No diarrhea. Technically, I wouldn’t have known had I not been tested. 


I could have assessed myself to be Covid free after two to three days post-exposure of not developing any symptoms. I could have been roaming around, transmitting this had I not subjected myself to quarantine and testing.


So no, I do not agree with latest DOH protocols limiting testing to ‘manage the symptoms’. Pure BS. I agree with Sen Escudero saying that this is tantamount to the gov’t ‘giving up’. It is. After borrowing trillions on stupid strategies that ended up as luxury cars in garages of certain people, they are giving up on containing this, on protecting taxpayers from this. 


Nakakagalit. Inubos nila ang pera at iniwan na lang tayong ganito.


At kung yan pa rin ang gusto niyong pamamalakad, sige, ituloy niyo ang pagboto dun sa sinungaling. 


I will not end this on angry note. For I am still very thankful. I was probably asymptomatic on a combination of prayer and some modicum of health and fitness, and some dosing up on vitamins. I didn’t stop exercising even during isolation. And I stopped dieting just to make sure my body won’t be weak as it battles the virus then.


But sadly, I am not out of the woods. I can suddenly develop long Covid symptoms. I am now monitoring my BP daily as I am hypertensive. Covid has also ravaged organs other than the respiratory organ system. And with my history of childhood asthma, I also monitor my oxygen daily. 


I am now breathing in early morning West Philippine Sea air. And it feels wonderful.

No comments: