Sunday, September 13, 2020

Buhay Pandemya: Thanks for the add


It must be this quarantine/lockdown. In a span of month, I have had 3 friend requests from strangers. And after the ‘thanks for the add’ pleasantries, it’s straight to “are you single?” Whoa. It didn’t even bother to establish some kind of ‘friendship’. The first one abruptly ended the convo after I told him that I did, and the FB friendship, when I said I was in a relationship. 2nd one hasn’t messaged me since. 3rd one is still maintaining some contact.


I’ve been on FB for more than 10 years; And only now am I getting this strange, extremely direct messages. Have they grown tired of Grindr or Tinder? They didn’t even bother to with the FB dating app (whatever happened to that?). Might as well do this right on FB.


Ok. Ok. I am quite flattered. But should I be? Or is this just desperation thinking that COVID might strike them down? Or a quarantine jowa is a thing now? 


I would have wanted to flirt, honestly. But I guess they’re not going to have any of that. Oh well.

No comments: