Sunday, January 21, 2024

A Holiday Season like no other. Iba ka talaga 2023.


Salamat at natapos rin ang 2023. And what a way to go.

Christmas Day, I woke up with stomach pain. I was feeling weak and feverish. I self-medicated. I prayed that I would get through the 8am service. And I did, thankfully. But the pain would come and go. I was just in bed practically the whole day. I ended up bringing myself to the hospital Emergency Room, my first time to do it alone, on Christmas Day. 

Thankfully the nice people at the ER were able to administer needed meds including that painful enema, to relieve of the stomach discomfort. I was able to go home by 930pm, still feeling weak. 

I regained my strength quickly after. I proceeded to take care of the furniture transfers to the new condo. 

Dec. 30 afternoon, my driver mentioned that it was his last day. He was resigning to "help his brother with his new business venture." No 30-day notice. I was too stunned to argue. And he left. 

I was hurt, felt betrayed. He was my driver for 12 years. And I had extended myself so many times to help him and his family. I treated him like family. But according to his wife, it boiled down to compensation (which he never complained about). He still owed me money. But I don't see how he would ever pay, or if he has even the intention. 

So there. I start 2024 back to where I was, 20 years ago, driving myself to work everyday. I am still on the lookout for a driver. But I know that the chances of finding one to my specifications are slim. And this will be on top of a very busy year at work. Good luck to me.


No comments: