Sunday, March 5, 2017

10 years ago

I started this blog exactly 10 years ago.

March 5 marks that day. Tenth anniversary. That is cause for celebration.

Blogging used to be a big thing. That is why I got into the bandwagon. But now, only those who actually make a living out of it have stayed on as bloggers. Most have moved on to FB, the place for everything and anything.

I do have my FB profile, two actually. I post occasionally. But mostly, I read and lurk. I can't seem to cross-over to using my FB as my blog. That is hardly the closet I imagined it to be, with my photos all up there. And I prefer to keep posts short. I think my FB friends would be bored with my long and lengthy posts, and my fiction. From time to time, I do post my blogposts there for some of the raiders have become FB friends, too.

This blog has been an outlet for all sorts of stuff swirling in my head. For the most part, I think those of the (hyper)sexual nature have become the most popular. hahaha. Then there's the emotional rollercoaster that is my relationship life. Funny it used to called 'emo'. Now it is called 'hugot'. That's what 10 years could do to the lexicon. Eventually, I indulged my pa-creative self with the Lucas chronicles. I would call that my 'alter' life. And when the creative juices dried up, it became quite spiritual. Now that's a range of topics.

The people who inspired me to blog, mgg, gibbs and mcvie, got lobster tony, bakla ako and me to join them as Fabcasters. That added dimension of sound made all of us more real to a lot of raiders. The format also allowed for richer insights of 6 gay guys with diverse backgrounds, not to mention those of the Peanut Gallery and other guests.

In the ten years of the blog, I have met up with many, many raiders. That is what I am most thankful for. We made that leap from virtual to real, either through coffee or alcohol. Some here in Manila but also in other cities as well (Davao, Singapore, Dubai, New York). With no exception, all of you were really nice and interesting. Thanks for reaching out and for wanting to meet up. And for some of you, for wanting to mate. LOL. Kidding aside. I love that this blog widened my horizons much further than I can imagine.

Finally, I also met my current partner, c3 through this blog. That is the biggest blessing of all. Despite having read all the weirdness and lewdness that I have put here, he managed to accept me and love me.

From time to time, I have wanted to shutter this space. I thought I should put a dot to all this. But I never got around to, even as the numbers of visits have dwindled. Ultimately, the blog fulfills this role in my life as my diary. So even if I end up being the only one reading my posts, it would still be worth my while.

cc

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont stop posting please!

Anonymous said...

"So even if I end up being the only one reading my posts XXXX" -- it will never happen! I frequently visit and check your page for new updates.

Truth is, I've been an anonymous or closet raider for years now. And, everything about your blog excites me. Apart from your sexual encounter stories that often leads to me having to touch myself, I am most thankful to you for reconciling my sexuality with my Catholic faith--The fact that you were able to established that gay men are neither hated nor condemned by God and the Catholic Church. I owe you that big time.

Happy 10th anniversary CC. Long live Corporate Closet.

Anonymous said...

Awhh Happy 10th Anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

<3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

<3 <3 <3

Seth said...

Happy 10th year! woohoo!

Migz said...

Happy 10th Anniversary! I was a regular reader between 2009 (High School days) and 2012. Just visited your blog today to check if you're still posting hehe. I hope I can make time to read again. So many to posts to catch up with. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am always checking your blog, willing to be the "tissue" of your intellectual masturbation. Hoping to meet you in person to say thank you for your informative, entertaining, and inspiring blog entries, while me figthing loneliness in the middle east.

Mr. G said...

You know what? I almost forgot my email and password for my "alter blogger account" and I was able to retrieve it. and it's just nice to look back at the heydays of blogging back in 2007...and I am planning a comeback...I hope there are still blog readers out there! hehe.

Happy 10th!