Sunday, May 10, 2020

ECQ Day 55, May 10 Sunday

This ECQ really messes up with my head sometimes. I become irritable, withdrawn at times. Though most days, I am usually just ok. (It’s Day 60 for me. I started counting on May 17 when ECQ was imposed for all of Luzon).

I’m on my favorite afternoon spot on the platform before descending the roof deck. I am appreciating the cool breeze.  Grateful for that breeze, as it has been hot and humid the past days. No sunset though. Clouds are obstructing the sun. Not that I could see it from where I am. I face south so I never really get to see my favorite view.

This overcast Sunday afternoon surprisingly is not making me moody. I am now wondering: once the ECQ is downgraded to a GCQ, what would I want to do first?

I want to visit c3. I want to spend maybe an overnight just being with him. I miss the cuddling. Though we Facetime everyday, I miss talking in person with him. And watching Netlix together. And snoring together.

I want to visit my dad at Heritage Park. We were not able to hold a proper first year death anniversary commemoration. I want to bring my mom there though I don’t know how we would manage if GCQ prohibits movement for senior citizens.

Of course I want to go to my beach house! I want to see the sunset there again. I want to see the improvements that have been happening during this period. I want to see the caretakers and their family. 

Though I have to think what kind of safety protocols I should put in place once I get there. And when I come back here to Manila. Should I enforce that the caretakers wear face masks while I am there? Do I limit their movement? Do I quarantine myself upon coming back? So many things to consider.

I do miss drinking. Our area has been under a liquor ban so I have been dry since March 21. But now I don’t know how to balance that with my diet, yet. I’ll figure that out soon.

I don’t miss eating out, if only for the fun of it. Yeah, I still have my sugary cravings. But I don’t intend to indulge once this lifts. 

I don’t miss malls or shopping, either. 

At this point, I am just looking forward to being able to drive out of my city, still with my facemask, gloves, glasses and cap, alcohol, wipes and maybe my face shield. 

It may not happen anytime soon. That’s the cold reality. But the time will come. And I will be ready for that. Gotta keep my head intact till then.

No comments: