Sunday, August 9, 2020

Buhay Pandemya: Is this the end of hookups and casual sex?

It is back to MECQ, back to liquor ban. Another weekend of staying put. Just when I was getting used to Saturdays with c3. And an occasional one at the beach house. 


So it is home improvement time. Having those screens at windows and doors fixed. This would have been so unworthy of a post had it not been for that trabahador from the aluminum maker. Not tall yet had a nice body, shoulders and chest. And what I deduce to be a nice face behind that mask. 


Ugh. I am that deprived. And as I ‘supervise’ him and his companion, I am fantasizing of how the situation would turn sexual. (And how to get rid of that companion LOL)


No, I did not act on it, for so many reasons piled up, one on top of the other. And that brings me to the point of this post - how could one even consider hookups or casual sex when each potential might be carrying COVID?


A friend revealed recently that he managed to hook up anyway. “A Calculated Risk” he says. Risk managed by: having established thru a long history of chatting on G to include his safety protocols, and testing he has been through; being on the receiving end of a blow job; keeping a mask on (no kissing, not even with a plastic sheet in between! Except, of course, during the blow job); immediately washing off with soap and water, etc.  


My praning mind would still consider so many other things.. what if he picked it up on the way to the hookup? And just thinking of all that salivary juice teeming with virus slobbered on the hapless penis. I could go on and on.


Is this nature’s way of championing sex within the confines of a living-together arrangement only?  Yes, in the era of HIV, we have been taught about safe sex. But is there such a thing as safe sex in the era of COVID19? Arms-length (or more) mutual jerk-offs? Or bodies wrapped in plastic? (It seems that the virus has been found in semen, even of recovering patients https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2765654 ) 


I’d love to hear your thoughts about this. Or how you have coped with the situation, sexually.


Painting by Cyndi Belleza, currently hanging on a wall in the beach house.

1 comment:

FiftyShadesOfQueer said...

I just think that people are really generally frustrated at this point. Do what you must but safely.

Altho gets ko. What is safe sex in the time of covid. Masturbation, I guess? I think what your friend did was low risk as well. I don't think the dick could have gotten any virus on its way to his place assuming it was inside his briefs the whole way. lol.