Sunday, December 27, 2020

Quirks and Hacks

 C3 calls it my ‘middle class upbringing’. And he is probably correct. My hacks are based on principles of minimizing waste, full consumption, extending useful life.

Toothpaste


Yes, I am that kind of oc-oc. No squeezing in the middle of the tube, please. And I make sure the tube is squeezed out. 

Soap Bars 

  

I challenge myself to make sure that each soap bar is TOTALLY consumed. I do this by attaching the little, remaining piece of the bar to the new one. 

Liquids



I bought this rubber funnel that was made for getting the very last drop of liquid. You attach the bottle opening to the specially-contoured mouth to allow it to stand unassisted. I usually let the bottle stand overnight to make sure that almost all of the liquid is collected to a container.

Creams

 

I also bought these little scrapers to help fully transfer creams into a new container. And yes, those are mini funnels. 

Even wear




Linens and even leather bags are indexed and arranged so that all of them are used evenly (numbered!). Linens are replaced quincenas. Bags are on a monthly rotation. 

So that’s the extent of my obsessive-compulsiveness!


No comments: