Thursday, March 28, 2024

Holy Week 2024

Sibling bonding time

Happy to have my siblings and their spouses as guests at the beach house last Holy Monday to Holy Wednesday. I happen to be on a week-long break, mandatory. I drove to Zambales on Palm Sunday afternoon. It was an easy, pleasant drive on the Mini, with a stop for lunch and coffee.

My two Manila-based sisters and their husbands arrived the following day. This is their third time vacationing here. Too bad, c3 couldn’t join this time. It is always such a pleasure hanging out with them, reminiscing our childhood, Marites updates on everybody else. Highlights were the sunsets and full moon watching, the 80s jazz nostalgia and the karaoke, of course. 



We all went back to Manila yesterday. But I had to be driven by James, as I lost my contact lenses. Meanwhile, James actually resigned as my driver a day before. But since he had to get his stuff from the house, he agreed to drive for me. Poor guy’s pregnant wife is at risk of a difficult birth, with the baby already showing some congenital abnormality. 

So it’s back to being driverless, and staying at the Pasig condo for most of the workweek. I’ll try to make use of those nights to minimize dinner meals (and lose weight). Today, March 28, 2024 is Day One, Holy Thursday.

I need to lose weight and fat before my Executive Check-up. I’m not gunning for my previous weight. Just some few pounds and inches off till May. So help me God.

Libido’s been in check lately. Though I’d still want to hook up should an opportunity come. No opportunities coming my way lately. I don’t want to go back to Grindring. That app is a rabbit-hole that’s full of rejection and bruised (bashed) egos. Been 469 days since I deleted the app (been counting up haha).

I’ve also started the countdown to retirement: 732 days. So looking forward to that. But until that time, I remain cc - corporate captive (couldn’t use ‘slave’ LOL). And I will just have to savor these breaks in between the salt mines. 




No comments: