Friday, July 26, 2024

Answered Prayers

After Typhoon Carina, I’m off to the beach house. Not that I need the break due to work stress. Actually, work has been light ever since the announcement of the new role in the company. I truly believe this unexpected turn of events is Divine Providence at work. I have been conversing with God about my struggles with my previous role. I have been praying for strength to bear it for the next years, until my retirement.



The stress of my work then came from so many sources. The politics. The many foundational, organizational changes underway. The ongoing challenges of running those business and chasing targets. The bureaucracies that are in place. The inherent late-night wining and dining requirements. 


My new role is like an answer to most of those  mentioned above. And now that I’m in transition, I am at my lightest load level. But this will soon change, perhaps at end of Q3, I will feel the intense pressure of the new role. Nevertheless, I won’t be subjected to the stress of the politics and dynamics of the previous role. 


For the past two weeks, I have been able to hit my 7-hour sleep goal every night! I have been regularly working out AND have been able to stick to a calorie-restricted meal plan. I am getting back my sense of control of my health and my life. 


Baby steps, CC.

No comments: