Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Achievement Unlocked. Goal Hit.

I finally got to my target weight this morning. Just had to share. It took me more than 3 months to get here. A bit of background: right before the pandemic lockdown last year, I was 13 lbs above target. During the 2020 lockdown, I managed to lose all those pounds. But when the lockdown eased, so did the strict diets and regimen. Since November last year, I had been hovering at about 7 - 8 lbs in excess. And I was having so much difficulty trying to lower my weight. Finally, I did it again. 

What changed? I have been plant-based since end-March. I still don’t know how long I could sustain it as I am starting to get meat cravings. #kapitlang I have been more religious in following the workouts from this old Men’s Fitness book. The 3-month “Fat-burn” workout is structured with 3 weight-training days per week, which always includes leg workouts. The cardio happens in between, mainly HIIT that gradually increases in total time. Another thing about the workouts is the short rest periods in between exercise sets of about 30secs! 

Aesthetically, the body is far from perfect. And I blame genetics largely.  But I am embracing this body,  flabs and all. That ideal muscular body is never going to happen. I have too many ‘structural flaws’. I am just too old.  

So this is as good as it gets. I just want to capture this moment and savor it. And maybe inspire some raider to continue that fitness journey, with all its starts, stops and frustrations. For with the right angles, the body doesn’t look so bad. 




3 comments:

Mugen said...

Congratulations!!

Ron said...

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Steve from manila said...

Congrats wow. So inspiring