Sunday, August 29, 2021

Buhay Pandemya: Unfinished Business.

MECQ extended till Sep 7. That’s a Tuesday. It is quite odd that they would choose to end middle of the week. They usually end, or start, these lockdowns on weekends. Methinks it has something to do with Ghost Month, as it ends when new moon appears… yup, Sep 7. LOL 

The OC in me is using this long weekend to finally finish Bionic Woman Season 1. I bought the boxed set DVD abroad about 5 or 6 years ago. Bionic Woman, as was Charlie’s Angels, was special to me. The beks in school idolized her. She was strong. She was invincible. She was flat-chested. Lol. That was, I believe, part of the reason I idolized her. She was not in the Miss America mold (as her contemporary Lynda Carter was). I bought the Season 1 DVD to bring back memories. And realized what a chore it was to watch. The story line, the production, the writing. Ugh. But I had to finish it being the OC that I am. I actually feel … guilty for not finishing what I started!


But the satisfaction of finishing … such joy! LOL

I have started very few series that I didn’t finish, guilt-free. One was “The Walking Dead.” I just stopped after the horrifying, particularly gory episode of Steven Yuen’s character’s head being clubbed. I couldn’t take that kind of gore. The other is that BL series last year, My Day. They had to resort to that disgusting scene where the resto servers were ‘compromising’ the food. I’m being gentle here. That just grossed me out.

I have started to watch two old sitcoms: The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Absolutely Fabulous. But I am not able to sustain interest. Yet, I am actually feeling guilty for thinking of not finishing it! LOL. That is why I am very, VERY choosy about which series to watch. I get all these recomms, including koreanovelas. I check out the number of seasons, and episode length. Damn those K-novelas 1hr 20minutes long! 18 to 20 episodes! Ugh.

 I hope that I would be able to feel less guilty about not finishing what I start. Yeah. Rrrright.

No comments: