Tuesday, June 9, 2009

south bitch reality


it's been more than 2 wks now since i started south bitchin'. the initial results are encouraging. people are noticing that i've lost a lot of weight. i forgot to weigh myself so im not really sure how much in 'real terms'. visually, i see less fat around the midsection. but there are still some stubborn ones around the sides (love handles).

im in phase 2 now. which actually allows some carbs, the good ones, to be thrown in. by definition, these are the ones which rank low in the glycemic index ranking. these include whole wheat bread, some fruits (apple, pears, peaches). but only up to a max of 3 servings. and im doing this on my own. well actually the help is the one preparing my meals now. i told her to study the meals i ordered carefully. and heck she's doing a great job!

im really encouraged to continue. i continue to do weights, have increased my aero output by including boxing. and 3x a week of abs training.

downside. i've lost bulk. ive starved my muscles so i feel ive lost much bulk.

i still crave for carbs and sweets. im exercising extreme self-control.

lately, ive been noticing that my energy has been waning, though. im guessing that the drastic reduction in carbs is the reason. so im now including good carbs and making sure that i have protein sources for each meal. hopefully, my body starts adopting.

is it worth the effort? yes, very much so. i can now look at my body in the mirror, sans clothing, and smile.

p.s. i bought the original book so i could fully understand the logic of this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried it. I was cranky during the first week. Lol. And the effect of weight loss made me look haggard. A month later, I ditched the diet. Lol.

Cutting down or just avoiding rice and doing stretching exercises (pilates and yoga) is what made me lose weight and maintain it. It was gradual but worth it.


Good luck to you and keep us posted about your experience on this diet.

Dave

Herbs D. said...

so this is your ultimate secret to looking young :D

Ming Meows said...

my gosh pwede bang humabol? tell me naman what you did. wala akong budget eh.

Anonymous said...

i also want to look at that mirror... with you there... sans clothing... smiling...

hahaha, kidding! =)

Yj said...

good luck.... just be careful and try not to overdo it... baka naman sakit ang abutin mo....

tc.....

closet case said...

sure john stanley. hahaha. baka may magalit. joke lang.

mavey said...

now isnt that post deserving of a photo of you sans cloths? put up some before after or in the process photos in your blog. inspire others as well as yourself to work for it.

at the same time give your followers something to masturbate to. :D