Monday, November 27, 2023

Still Chasing Sunsets

This obsession with sunsets! Not enough that I have Fierro sunset in Zambales. Lately, I have been looking for an affordable condo with a sunset view near the office. 



It started a few months ago. I’ve been spending more time after work at the office. And I wondered how great it would be if I could crash in studio unit during those late work nights. But it would need to have a sunset view, for those times I could leave early and watch the sun set.

I started looking at some units and that got me really excited. I started a Pinterest board as my peg is hotel, industrial, open-shelving style. Of course, the furniture would revolve around that view, making sure I would have a perfect spot to gawk at the sunset.

I found the unit with the perfect view but it had its downsides: quite far from the office, not the best-looking building, ceiling not too high. But look at that sunset!

Unfortunately, it is ultimately beyond my budget. As much as I tried to pencil-push, I was going to be pushed into borrowing. And that is something I do not want in my last two years of being regularly employed.

Why am I so obsessed with this lately? It really is a response to the kind of stress I have been at work. And I need a project to distract and de-stress.  My last project was the condo in Manila. That had a seasonal sunset at the bay view. It’s currently being rented so I can’t use the place for sunset chilling. 

But beyond the sunset chasing, I like working on interiors actually. From designing, to fit-out, to shopping for fixtures and furniture, I enjoy the whole range of activities involved. And finally seeing that image in your head come to life feels so amazing. 

So there. No condo unit that fits the bill AND the budget but I remain hopeful. 

3 comments:

Felipe said...

An accommodation offering a view of the sunset may also entail exposure to the warmth of the afternoon sun. However, considering your intention to retire at the day’s end, this should be acceptable. It presents an opportunity to observe the sun’s descent at the horizon, reminiscent of a beach setting, yet with the cityscape replacing the oceanic view. AY WOW!

Anonymous said...

I loved sunset, its calming and a beautiful ending.

Corp Closet said...

@Felipe so eloquently said. I don’t mind the afternoon sun, as long as I have an option to block it out or be inside an airconditioned room. Hehehe