Saturday, January 26, 2008

SATC: how are you and your exxxxxx?



SATC Season2 E18: ex in the city

im doing my math. how many exes in my life?

tricky part: definition of ex
we said our 'i love you's'
we said we were committed
we were exclusive
it must have lasted more than a month

so im trying to recall, high school bf's dont count
1 the ugarte guy
2 the former charlie brown
3 the polyglot
4 the gorgeous duh
5 the pt student
6 the banker
7 the banker 2
8 the tailor's son
9 the singer
10 the legal eagle
11 the manyaman
12 the enigma

ugh. 12? im giving away my octogenarian status. but i could have 11 new posts! hehehe. actually just 8 or 9. ive actually posted some of them previously! hehe

carrie posts a question: could you/should you be friends with an ex?

generally, yes, i have remained friends with my exes, in varying degrees. only 1 hates my guts, though that has been eons ago. i just remembered meeting some new friends and then getting the "oh... so YOU are CC! Ive heard so much about you" and im thinking we've just met. turned out the this guy dated ex No 7 and he was bitchin' about me really bad. then.

all the rest i would consider to be 'friends' though i hardly see them. some of them are in far-off lands. and we dont have any contact at all UNTIL friendster came along! and that's usually a message or two.

some of them i would see and have that fondness still intact. a "how nice to see you again after all this time" greeting...

some have morphed into sistahs. "hoy, may hada ako for you..."

maintaining healthy friendships with exes is a part of me. breaking up may have been difficult, or even ugly... but time washes away all the nasty words said... and what remains is a nice memory "minahal kita once in my life"... and that becomes the basis of a friendship. well, that's just me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ex no. 1- childhood sweetheart. i was 16. dont know what he's up to right now and haven't talked to him three years. he's in the phils. but i talked to his dad last year who's in california and called his dad 'tito'. he then asked why i dont call him dad anymore. LOL

ex no. 2- we're still friends. and im still close to his family. two years ago, ex no. 2 went to colombia for work. his mom asked me to go with them to HK and Macau kasi palit daw sa ex ko. hahaha!!! and his mom paid for the trip.

ex. no 3- we started well. thought he was the one for me. we went on vacation to thailand, malaysia and singapore. it was the best time with him. he paid for the trip. LOL. then after a month from the vacation, he broke up with me. he had his personal reasons. bahala siya. hahaha!!!

im currently on a LDR. he's in manila and im here in NY. one year na kaming magkalayo. but we're doing well. going stronger. and im excited to go home this arpil. he asked me to go back to manila kasi he misses s much and told me that life is different when im there with him.

Anonymous said...

Kaano-ano ni no.1 si Lyka Ugarte?
At in fairness ha! from all walks of alta-sociedad ang mga naging jowa mo!

Anonymous said...

I always subscribed to idea that an ex, even though it eventually didn't work out, was, at one point in time, very important to you. That he actually helped mold the person that you are today. That, I think, is a good enough reason to be friends or at least be civil to one another.

closet case said...

hey gharyjohn! thanks for the listing of the exes. i guess you maintain relations with the in-laws more than the ex. you must be a darling! hope your LDR works for you! i find it soooo hard to maintain one!

hello aj! kilalal mo pa si lyka ugarte???? im shocked! di naman alta sociedad. maganda lang ang mga terms na gamit ko!

so true, tony. each and every relationship helped us become who we are today

Anonymous said...

hi CC! LDR is working for me. i'll be back in manila this april cuz i decided i want to be with him again. after more than a year of being away with him, i feel lonely and sad. and i'm guilty na iniwan ko siya for a job here in NY even though he asked me to stay. that's why it's about time that we get reunited and back to those good old days. sometimes i think that it's a stupid decision kasi im turning away from a good future that awaits me here in NY (career-wise). but hey, the heart has it's own reason that the mind knows nothing of. kaya sundin ko na muna ang heart ko this time.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Can't relate (much)...only had 2 boyfriends...late bloomer, sorry.

Though my current bf doesn't understand why I still had to accept my 1st bf's Christmas gift (I mean hellooo? gift nga eh?) mortal sin ko daw na gagawin if I'd accept it or worse buy my ex a gift. Kaya un, I had to make a weird excuse just to say "not now"(though still half valid because I really had to work during those times when my ex asked to see me). Eventually, my ex threw the gift, and gave away all that he supposedly baked for me (choco pastries that I liked so much). sayang!

Off topic, nawala ung post about that crying man? hehe.

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

I don't speak to most of them. I am friendly with two of them though. It's best to just leave the past behind.

Anonymous said...

LET GO LET FLOW - that's one motto applied to ex-es.

closet case said...

hey gharyjohn! im happy you will finally get back together with your loved one. its really soooo hard to maintain an LDR. and i believe that there will still be an alternative good future for you back here in manila with your love...

JAFBITC: i guess as much as we want to maintain friendships with exes, the currents are not always as open!

closet case said...

hello john. true, best to leave the past behind!

to you anonymous, you have probably done very well applying your LET GO LET FLOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Todaу, I ωent to the beachfrοnt with my kids.
I found a sea shell anԁ gave it to my 4 year оld daughter аnd said
"You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." Shе put the shеll to her
eаг anԁ ѕcreamed. Therе was a hermit crab inside and it ріnсhеd hеr
ear. She never ωants tο go back! LoL I know thiѕ
is entirely off topic but I haԁ tо tell somеone!


httρ://my.opera.com/i80еquipment/about/
Here is my webpage ; boom trucks