Tuesday, July 8, 2008

the boy who cried rape

Article 266-A: Rape:
when and how rape is committed

1) By a man who shall have carnal knowledge of a woman under any of the following circumstances:

a) through force, threat or intimidation
b) when the offended party is deprived of reason or otherwise unconscious
c) by means of fraudulent machination or grave abuse of authority
d) when the offended party is under 12 years of age or is demented, even though none of the circumstances mentioned above be present;

2) By any person who, under any of the circumstances mentioned in paragraph 1 hereof, shall commit an act of sexual assault by insrting his penis into other person's mouth or orifice, or any instrument or object, into the genital or anal orific of another person.


i was eighteen that time, scrawny and bespectacled. almost nerdy. i was already out in campus, though of course, peyups is one big campus. it was 2nd sem 3rd yr and i had to finish my 12 units of spanish, the foreign language elective then. i chose prof c for his reputation preceded him. he was out and out, loud with a taray-may-care attitude. and he always had this entourage of the cutest guys on campus. and his class was just plain fun, you could pass it with flying colors partying.

i luckily got into the much-in-demand class. and pretty soon, i was being chummy-chummy with him. and i didnt try to play butch either. i was my gay self. (i figured he was after the hunky straights anyway).

i recorded a mix of songs for him as a sip-sip gift. it was almost sem break. the faculty center was almost empty. i visited him at his faculty room to give him the cassette. he made me stay over to write down the song sequence. and for this, i had to sit on his chair, beside the cassette recorder to play samples of the song. he was busy with other things while i was doing this and doing chit-chat with him.

i noticed that he locked the door. he approached me and motioned for me to get up from his chair. I promptly stood up as he got behind me and sat on his chair. as i was leaving the area (it was getting cramped), he pulled me towards him and made me sit on his lap. "ituloy mo yung ginagawa mo"

i naively continued to write the songs, sitting on his lap, as i started feeling his kisses on my nape. i tried to stand up but at his time, he already had his arms around me. and he was aiming for my crotch. i was struggling to keep his hands off me. "sir, huwag naman po. may kiliti ako" i nervously laughed as we wrestled.

I was able to finally pull away from him and was making for the door. he quickly got up and grabbed my hand and tried to pull me towards the nearby sofa. "ano ba?" "sir, may lakad pa kasi ako.... may naghihintay sa akin"

more struggling. i broke free and opened the door. I was out in the hallway panting... but free and safe. He peered outside, checking if there were other people around. "mag-complete ka rin." and he shut the door.

i was relieved to be out there. bewildered at that turn of events. i couldnt imagine him liking me, wanting to have sex with me. i was quite out at that time. and he had all the gorgeous guys around him. why me?

i was avoiding him for one sem. but he did give me an "incomplete". and that meant i would need to see him to complete my requirements. i knew better and went to his office accompanied by friends.

if i cried rape then, who would believe me?

8 comments:

Ming Meows said...

well i also went to that similar situation. sadly, my avoidance ratio was like 1 out of 10

Anonymous said...

were you talking about senor m? wi

Anonymous said...

sinong prof ito? baka naging prof ko din

closet case said...

not senor m, anonymous one. senor m is very nice.

naganun ka rin ba? baka nga siya rin.

Anonymous said...

i know this prof. he was dismissed from peyups but was reinstated. he died a few years back due to the big "c" - carma. hehe.

Anonymous said...

mine was a priest in high school. molested me at the bursar's office where i naively waited for him after 5 pm. d pwedeng i was asking for it because he was not attractive at all and was more like a lolo figure. i was so upset that i told my best friend. he thought it was so hilarious and told several other classmates who thought the same. i did'nt get the joke at all. finally i wrote about it in my religion class essay " is priesthood a career path to choose? why and why not? he disappeared the next week.

closet case said...

i dont want to confirm or deny the identity, anonymous one! ;)

and im so sorry about that experience with an elderly priest. that must have been awful. a friend of mine decided NOT to proceed with priesthood precisely because of that.

Anonymous said...

thank you closet case. i could actually sue the order. i was tempted to ask my theology teacher why they never addressed my accusation directly after i wrote that essay. i mean i was only fifteen then. but he was old and sick. you know that order's priests are dying out. I am glad they ARE