Sunday, January 20, 2013

cc quickie: Sun sets

I'm so cheesy, bowled over by a setting sun everytime. I must have witnessed hundreds and hundreds, taken sooo many pictures, yet I still look forward to each time I have a chance to witness one.

I finished a quick run here in SM MoA, synched to end just as the glorious sun was setting on Manila Bay. Breathtaking, as always.

I never felt I was in such good company until I was in Siem Reap. It turns out that one of their "tourist attractions" was to watch the sun set from the temple in Phnom Bakheng, up the mountain. It was a short 20 minute trek to the top. And I got there by 430pm, more than an hour away from sunset, there were already people jostling for position!





It was crazy! And as the appointed time drew nearer, people started coming in droves, filling in each and every open space, much to the chagrin of the security. I thought I would remain standing but a perfect space opened up for me. And I quickly settled in.

I took a few test shots. And more of the people around.







Finally, the sun started setting at 545pm, and it was just a wonderful, perfect orb of a sun!








And when it finally disappeared into the guhit-tagpuan, or horizon, everybody clapped! Parang sinehan lang sa Pinas! That was one memorable sunset!

Anyway, as I was looking at the sunset this afternoon, I couldn't help but think that I was looking at the sun setting in my single life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Ocean Drive,Pasay City,Philippines

1 comment:

Unknown said...

single life is more "me time". more "family time". more "friends time". more "work time". more "think time" on what to achieve next. more " cleaning time". and then again some more "me time" for everything and anything that needs your attention. methinks. :)

salud!