Monday, March 25, 2013

Paths crossing?

It really is a small world, after all. It's been almost 5 years since I broke up with him, that very bitter break-up. We have never spoken since, even when I used to attend parties of common friends. We would ignore each other.

Imagine my surprise when I heard his name being mentioned by this Malaysian host of the Brunei meeting I am attending. She casually asked whether I have met him, her counterpart in this multilateral organization they work for.

I felt my face turn red. Thankfully, it was dark where we were. It was mentioned in passing. And of course, I said I know of him. But that was enough for me to suddenly realize that our paths might cross, at a professional level. And this was something I would never have thought possible.

I wonder how we would conduct ourselves if and when that would happen. With all that bad blood between us because of something so deep and personal, yet constrained to act cool, professional, as if we didn't really know each other.

How telenovela-ish.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Marky Boy said...

After 5 years, time hasn't heal all the wounds, eh?

Anonymous said...

dear cc : sabi nga, life is too short. . we only pass this way once in our lifetime etc.etc. but really, kalimutan mo na yon and be friends with him na! im 60 yrs. old na and i tell you enjoy life and be kind to each others. . .Happy Easter! from anonymoose tony

Anonymous said...

yes, time heals all wounds and yet the scars remain. sometimes, the wounds are so deep that they are not yet healed in the inside. take time and always pray for inner peace - it is the beginning of everything.

joelmcvie said...

I suggest you start practicing na: "You're nothing but a second-rate, trying-hard copycat." Sabay tapon ng tubig sa fez.