Monday, August 18, 2008

getting picked on

im getting quite pissed with one of the people i hang around with. he seems to find it hilarious to pick on me, put me down to get some laughs. nakakapikon na. and he makes fun of my seniority, my promiscuity, my looks.

once or twice, okay lang. pero to make such catty remarks and side comments too often is too much. i end up bitching, too, just to get even.

i dont get it. i dont know why he has to do it. and it's not as if he's so much younger, better looking or even more successful. yeah, may be the guy's smarter. or writes better.

i can understand teasing one another, as part of the big group kwentuhan and chikahan. but the dynamics of such is that you sort of spread it around and tease everybody in turn. you don't just zero in on one person.

do i talk to him about it? or should i just let it pass... until he does it again. and then i become bitchy (which i dont always welcome). at the very least i want him to know i am getting pissed. and why on earth pick on me.

grrr.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it was getting a little intense and a confrontation was brewing..... I could see it in your eyes that it was about to reach a boiling point(doubt that he could see it since he wasn't as near).

Had to diffuse it even when it might have been a bit dismissive of me. ><

The movies I played probably didn't help either.

errr... assuming na hindi ako ito diba? :P

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling who this is, but I'm still hoping he's not it.

I know he'll change his ways now that he knows that you don't like getting picked on.

as migs would say, world peace!

closet case said...

hey lobster. no. it isnt you. =) and yes, you stepped in at the right time. =)

thanks, london boy. world peace, yes!

Anonymous said...

One word : Insecurity.

Had also a "friend" like that. Much as I've wanted to maintain the friendship, I realized that she just had so many personal issues that had nothing to do with me.

As said in Desiderata..."these are vexation to the spirit". Some friends you keep, some are meant to pass by your life like ships in the night.

You are naturally a cool guy....and for your friend to get your goat......waste of time C.C... waste of time.


D.C.

Anonymous said...

inggit lang yan sa iyo.

Anonymous said...

Hi CC! just want to say hi after being absent for a loooooong time! luv ya!

joelmcvie said...

Eeep! Siyempre natamaan din ako. But I caught the whole thing on .wav file, and we had a pleasant chat the morning after.

Still... assuming din ako, di ba? After all, baka nahimasmasan ka na the next day.

Haaay.

trey said...

someone just wants your attention.

by hook, or by crook.

either way, i guess it worked!

(grin)

Quentin X said...

Good to know you are as human as I thought you were; gets angry sometimes. I hope this argy-bargy is over soon.

Joaqui said...

Maybe he is into you and wants to catch your attention. :) hehehe

Just another way of looking at it.

TBR said...

ako ba yon? you know i tease you only because i respect and admire you so much. haha.

closet case said...

thanks, D.C. i really shouldnt pay too much attention. but when you are there stuck with him for an overnighter, you can't help it.

fenestrations, i really don't know why.

hi frodofan, luv ya a!

yeah, i thought you captured it, mcvie.

thanks, trey. or maybe the group's attention

flesh and blood, quent. it will be over soon. blogging is such therapy

hi joaqui. thanks but i guess that's not it. this is like the sisterhood.

not you, baklareview. but thanks for the respect and the admiration (kaso bakit may haha?) joke.

Anonymous said...

Hi CC,

I think it's more telling of him than it is of you so don't mind him. But it gets too much then just spit in his coffee

Ming Meows said...

been there had that.
i have 2 words for you: let go

closet case said...

hello anonymous one! that's pretty nasty!

right, ming meows. over.