Monday, August 18, 2008

swooning over shelter

finally, i saw it. shelter is awesome. i find it sensitively acted. the plot is fairly straightforward. it's lower middle class family, dysfunctional, struggling. and in this brew, you add growing self-awareness of attraction. and all this in a surfer dude.

that growing attraction builds up, though predictably, but still towards an exciting 'confrontation'. kilig moment!

and there's the counterpoint to the main character, the sister who dumps her responsibilities and insecurities on the poor guy.

of course, our hero also has it a bit easier. most everyone seemed to have known about it already. and gives him unconditional love and support.

so there i was watching this. and suddenly, im wishing again to be in a relationship. im missing again all that true intimacy. the togetherness. the oneness.

and it didnt end there. next... love of siam... *sigh*

2 comments:

Joaqui said...

I enjoyed both movies, Shelter and the Love of Siam. The former gave me something I badly needed at that time, a happy ending, but I still have to say that the latter was a better movie.

I know most of those who watched the latter enjoyed it because of Mario Maurer but for some odd reason, I was more drawn to that guy who played Mew. He is so adorable when he sings, that I just wish he was singing to me. hahaha

closet case said...

i have to admit that mew's singing was 'kakilig-kilig'!