Wednesday, April 8, 2009

what i really want

let me try to recall the lines...

at first you were like wine, you intoxicated me.
but now you are like bread, i hardly taste you.
but you sustain me.


i love these lines, written by a filipino poet. the title, the real lines, the author escapes my alzheimer's mind.

i am reminded of this reading joaqui's latest post about finding your rice. he talks about the interesting conversation he had with a friend, and rice being symbolic of the lifetime partner.

my take on this: yes, we all want to experience the lightness of being that comes with experiencing the first taste of love. but we have to realize that after all that fades, when we come crashing to the ground of the mundane and the real, do we still see that love as the one who will sustain and be sustained?

and with this awareness i realize that what i really want in my life is not the rollercoaster ride but the stable journey of an old jeep on its way back to home.

No comments: