Tuesday, November 24, 2009

my mortality

everybody seems to be talking about the end of the world according to the mayan calendar. havent seen the movie myself. even the priest was using it as a jump off point for his sermon. as expected, it was on preparedness. pretty much like disaster preparedness. ondoy. peping. zeitgeist?

made me think of my own mortality. i am closer to it compared to a lot of young readers out there. preparedness. is there such a thing?

a lot of people will find this topic morbid. or tempting fate. its just another topic for rumination for me.

im thinking im actually ready to go now. anytime. ive run a good race, so to speak. i look at my parents, the smile, the gratitude for the new house i've helped build for them. the renewal of their marriage vows after 50 years and the celebration of that. my siblings all with families, all settled in varying degrees abroad.

i look at my colleagues at the office. i also see their elation over the swanky new office. their pride over how the company has grown to where it is right now. how much more prosperous they have become, their families with them.

i see the friendships built with vendors, clients, customers. real sincere friendships. friendships that have supported the company through all the years.

there are also the people under my direct employ. ive done my part in taking care of them, making sure that i share with them the fruits of our collective labor.

these become thoughts of gratitude, of fulfillment, of peace.

i look at the glass that is my life. it's almost full. well, maybe just a bit more fixing to make sure they will be taken cared of. and they will all know that i love them dearly.

yeah, i can go now. if He wants me to.

10 comments:

Rygel said...

you're blessed to have accomplished so much already. wish i could say the same.

Anonymous said...

Hi CC. Do we really measure success and preparedness in terms of other people? I wonder... How else can we measure it? (That's the economist in me speaking)

But kudos for being ready.

Ming Meows said...

don't die yet. i haven't seen you in person.

Anonymous said...

I've never had any problems with dying young. I guess it's because the men in our family have always died young (grandpa and dad)....Mave hates it though. Calls me selfish. ><

PG said...

your ingenuity and story makes me melt...read some of your posts as early as 2007 ..

keep on blogging. i feel i could relate to your stories.

just a new avid reader of your blog,

PG

mackoy said...

after 2months na hindi ko nabisita ang site mo, finally!

di ka pa dapat matsugi, i think kelangan ko munang maamoy yung bango ng katawan mo bago maging amoy lupa o alabok yan hahahaha. peace! XD

Anonymous said...

........................................

Anonymous said...

Hi CC. I listened to the Fabcast about your failed on line relationship. Okay lang yan... may mga gago talaga sa mundo. Though I hope you don't stop trusting people and still continue believing in the goodness of others. You may never know... someone might surprise you. And don't ever give up on love... I don't mean this the bad way but there are people who experience things that are far worst than what you experienced but still they continue to have faith that maybe someday, somewhere, on line or otherwise, their knight in shining armor will come and save them. Good luck and keep believing.

I would have wanted to send some songs to you but it appears you don't have an email address for this blog. well, maybe next time then. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

cause maybe you are still bound to be loved by someone and to love that someone

just thinking :P

Anonymous said...

cause maybe God still want you to love someone and to be loved by this someone

who knows right?