Thursday, April 19, 2012

Playlist: Swing It

Kung di man niyo naitatanong eh may hilig sa sayawan si CC. LOL Yeah, I love dancing. I just wished it loved me back. Among the usual ballroom dancing moves, I only adore the Swing. Right about time I was reaching puberty did Disco explode into the scene. And I would watch with awe and envy my eldest sister as she would gracefully dance the Swing with her barkada. There are many popular Swing songs. But there were ones that only terpsichorean addicts like me would even remember. I thought I would never hear all these songs again. I thought they would be way too obscure to even make it to the digital age. Youtube to the rescue! And the app to convert the video to mp3! I am reunited with songs I used to dance to, with a house pillar as Swing partner. LOL! Now all I need is somebody to dance with. This would be such great exercise! (The ballroom dancing thing doesn't cut it for me. Swing is always interspersed Foxtrot, Rhumba, etc. etc. All I want is Swing all the way!) The list are my favorites. And it includes some non-70's tracks that I believe are still Disco in their DNA. Check out the last three! All of the songs are in Youtube. Search and enjoy dancing! Wanna lead? :) Lets fly Away Voyage Souvenirs Voyage Disco Lullaby Unyque From Chicago To The Sky Seventh Avenue Love Attack Ferrara Midnight in Manhattan Seventh Avenue Heaven Knows Donna Summer Last Dance Donna Summer Aint Nothin Gonna Keep Me From You Teri Desario Born To Be Alive Patrick Hernandez Main Event, The/Fight Barbra Streisand No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) Barbra Streisand/Donna Summer Honeymoon in Puerto Rico Paul Jabara The Best Disco In Town The Ritchie Family Everything Changes Take That Say It Again (Dance Mix) Santana Stay With Me [Long Version] India

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 70's sounds. Although my puberty years were in the smack of the '80s, Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, and Motown songs rule!