Sunday, October 5, 2008

Surviving My First Class

Whew! I survived my first teaching class. I handled this class of MBA students well. I have to admit I was terrified. I felt I needed to prepare so well but because of my numerous activities, I couldn't spend enough time reviewing the concepts and the cases. And the fact that these are MBA students made my anxiety worse. they could be very, very inquisitive and argumentative.

I thank the Lord that I have a good nice class of twenty two students, all graduating. They were not as combative as I expected. And i suddenly felt so relaxed and so calm as I started my class. All the fears just disappeared as i deftly handled the class. They seemed to be enjoying the class and learning. Nobody noticed that we went 15 minutes overtime. Hahaha.

It helps that there was some eye candy. one was really cute. not too active during class participation but when he spoke, he spoke with sense.

It's just the first two of twenty sessions with them. I know I'm going to have fun with this class.

7 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

nakikinita ko na! cuatro o kwarto?

Anonymous said...

Did your class happen to occur in the morning of October 5?

Ming Meows said...

Congrats! Basta remember, keep it clean!

Anonymous said...

ooohhh... exciting... mba class... good luck, good luck. teaching is fun.

- angelo =)

Joaqui said...

Enjoy your classes! :)

Sometimes I consider going back to school if only to meet new guys. lol

Quentin X said...

Just curious, what subject would that be? I find that HR, corporate culture/entrepreneurship, management are very subjective and can be quite open to scrutiny. Operations and finance tend to be more black and white and less likely to result in arguments in class.

closet case said...

hello borg_queen! naku. takot ako sa sexual harassment!

hi vince! afternoon of oct 5. =)

i will keep it clean, ming. can't afford not to.

thanks, angelo! m having fun so far.

great way to meet guys, joaqui! there's a new generation out there!

right, quentin! you must have done your mba. i teach marketing, which can potentially bring out a lot of very different perspectives!