Saturday, March 26, 2011

idle ranting

im guilty of not writing as often. i seemed to have filled up my schedule that blogging became less of a priority. work load actually remains the same. no teaching assignments this months so im actually less pressured.

but ive been so serious, too serious about my workouts. my running. my weight training. it's eating up a lot of my time. worse is that the results are fluctuating. it's so frustrating. and i hate the way my mood just changes so abruptly once i measure up and get disappointing results. im starting to feel burned out. im hitting a wall. my body's aching. im sacrificing all that yummy food. and yet, i feel i have not accomplished what ive set out to do.

which is why i guess im starting to do voice lessons. so i wont get too pre-occupied by my flab. funny though is that learning to sing is actually very difficult! i thought my teacher would just give me easy pieces, thinking he would classify me as a baritone. but no! im being pushed towards being a tenor. and im now finding it so hard to reach those notes.

it's all about getting into the head tone, and unlearning my tendency to go falsetto or do 'birit'. he has given me all the techniques. and im having difficulty practicing. am i setting myself up for another frustration? maybe. i dont know.

but i also know im not about to give up. yet. not with my workouts. not with my voice lessons.

not. yet. just let me rant about it. and blog at the same time. hehe


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

NOX said...

hang in there, cc. mwah! :)

JapaneseAdobo said...

kaya mo yan..with proper training and practice, im sure ull not be frustrated...i havent heard ur voice but i have always believed everyone has it... hehehehe

mavey said...

that is what makes you stand out from the mediocre masses like us. your determination, discipline and dedication to perfection. qualities that makes you a leader. keep it up as you are my inspiration.

joelmcvie said...

"and im now finding it so hard to reach those notes"

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! Expert ka kaya sa pag-abot ng nota. Choz! =)

Ming Meows said...

hindi ka baritone teh, i've heard you talk.