Sunday, March 27, 2011

time travel

nothing like looking at old pictures to transport you back in time. (though technically, scents / odors can evoke even more vivid memories. because the olfactory center in the brain is beside the seat of memories (limbic system). geek alert)

i have picture frames in dire need of pictures. collected throughout the years. mostly gifts from friends and colleagues. so i brought out all the old photographs (yes, they used to be printed on hard paper in MY time).

id like the pics to represent milestones, maybe. significant points in the cc timeline.

some of those ive chosen:



as a five year old in my beloved jaguar. the start of my fascination with cars. that was such a special toy. my frustration was not having enough space to play with it in the house.

a portrait when i was 16, taken by a photojournalist-friend of tatay. it was actually part of a family portrait. and i remember feeling how i ugly i was with my thick-rimmed glasses. the photographer lent me his raybans instead. and i was transformed. that's when i realized that i wasn't so bad looking. but i just had to lose those spectacles.

my college graduation pic (20yo) taken by the 'in' photographer then chat peypoch. (LOL so dated!). for the session, i brought a grey shirt and a white tie. i wanted to be different from all the rest with their white shirts and colored ties. i remember chat commenting that i looked like a mafia don. hmmpff.

that picture turned out really well (of course with much editing!). as i was looking at it, i realized how hopeful i was then about life. i was about to finish college. i was raring to go out and look for a job and start earning more. (i did some part-time work like tutoring in college) and i knew that the first thing i was going to do was to get contact lenses, and start building my body.

at that time, i was already exposed to the 'straight-acting gay', though it was still quite unpopular. it used to be called 'macho-gay' (ang pangit ng dating, no?) and my role models were based on american books and movies (the front runner comes to mind). but i had made my choice to embrace my homosexuality and love another man. but i wasn't going to do it as a flamboyant 'beauty-parlor' type. (i'd reserve that for the fabcasts. LOL)

three frames down. about five more to go. ill be looking for pics as an instructor in peyups, as a fledgling account executive in an ad agency and one during my stint with the government. my career is such an integral part of my 'self', i suppose. and it's that part of me that has really brought in the material gain.

good luck to me to find the time to do this. :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

JohnM said...

Uhmm Sir CC, bakit isa lang ang nakikitang pic?