Monday, February 9, 2015

AQAG #4





Hindi ka ba natatakot magka-AIDS?

Of course, I am scared of being infected with HIV. As I am scared of being told I have cancer or that my cardiovascular system is so screwed that I will suffer a stroke or a heart attack very soon. I have real health concerns. So I take precautions.

But funny how this question is much deeper than that. Inherently, the question seems to conclude that being gay puts you at risk of contracting the virus. Just by being gay. I believe their biases are showing if this question is asked upon knowing your sexual preference or orientation.

And as reflected in his answer:

Natatakot naman. STD yun eh. Pero lahat naman ng taong nakikipag-sex dapat mag-ingat sa mga sakit na maaaring maipasa through sex. Hindi ang pagiging bakla o transgender ang dahilan ng pagkakasakit ng HIV/AIDS. Ito ay dahil sa pakikipag-sex ng walang proteksiyon. Kaya dapat lahat tayo matakot at mag-ingat.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: