Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Secretary in love


My loyal, faithful friend and secretary is in love with me. No joke. Seriously.

We have been together for more than 15 years. I chose her from a pool of three because she was the quickest to learn Lotus 123. Since then, she has become official secretary, appointment tracker, file keeper, etc. A year after I joined the company, I found out that she was 'falling in love' with me. And she eventually admitted that to me. Though I was flattered, I told her that our professional relationship was NEVER turning romantic. A fact she accepted. But she persisted in 'loving me', doing everything for me, pampering me when I am in the office. I have my breakfast fruits and coffee ready when I arrive. I have a quick neck massage whenever I feel some stiffness there. (stiffness in the NECK!!!)

A spurned lover some years back outed me to her. This was a particularly nasty relationship of mine that turned really ugly. In an effort to get back at me, my ex called my office and spilled my PLU secrets to my secreatry. However, he didn't count on her love to me. So instead of spreading the rumor around that I was PLU, she chose to keep this to herself and listen to the litany of all my PLU activities, courtesy of my ex. And she never told me about it either.

I finally came out to her during a brief assignment in Davao. I was 'dumped' by a former boss in Mindanao to manage the business there (and to hide his affair with one of the staff). Stayed in that wonderful city for three months. My lover (new one this time) followed me there and stayed for a month. My secretary also followed, taking a two-week leave just to be with me. So all three of us were staying in one apartment. And hell broke loose because my lover then was just eaten up by jealousy with my secretary there. so i had to finally explain everything to my secretary, that my 'friend-roommate' is actually my lover, etc. etc. We've become very close since then. She accepted my PLU status and promised to keep it secret.

I am lucky, very lucky to have her in my life now. She is not just an executive secretary, she is now confidante and friend! She has professed her undying love and remains unmarried till now. She doesn't entertain romantic hopes anymore (i think). She doesnt get jealous of my boyfriends and my boytoys (some of whom I have actually introduced to her!) BUT gets insanely jealous of any lady who flirts with me. ladies beware! she doesnt mind saying to anybody that she remains loyal, faithful and in love with me.

weird situation? but it works out for me. i love her, too! (no, not in THAT sense)


11 comments:

aries said...

pasensya na i have to say this:

eeeeeeeeeeeew!

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

well. at least she didn't turn into a Glenn Close character from fatal attraction. it's nice to have someone to confide in.

migs, the manila gay guy said...

May gulay!!!

May gulay sa paligid ng picture ni secretary.

closet case said...

hahaha, mgg.
di naman eeewwww. di naman kami nag-sex! hanggang kiss lang at yakap siya. hahaha
always helps to confide in someone...

joelmcvie said...

On one hand, how sad that she doesn't move on and find someone else who'll love her back. On the other hand, she has found someone to love, and she loves without asking for anything in return. That's an unconditional love that only mothers have for their sons. (So maybe she now sees you as her "anak".) My gulay, that almost guarantees her a spot in heaven!

So now I don't know whether to be sad for her or happy for her.

Pero you're one lucky soul. You play around and still get to keep hubby, and you have someone else professing undying love aside from your mother.

(pause)

Kelan kaya papalo ang karma?

(pause uli)

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (evil laftir)

Don't mind me, inggit lang ako. :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back C.C.

While this post is amusing and touching... the basic question is.. doesn't this relationship of yours with your secretary affect the professional aspect of the relationship? Performance appraisals? What if she commits a big mistake, would you reprimand (or fire) her knowing that she knows so many secrets of yours?

Sineryoso ko ba masyado? hahahaha... but anyway, natawa ako sa "may gulay" comment of migs!

D.C.

palma tayona said...

i admire the integrity of your secretary. despite knowing what you are... she still bore her respect (and love) for you. kudos you her!

closet case said...

hey dc! i'd like to believe there is still a clear separation between work and friendship. i manage mainly by objectives, and that gives me clear guidelines by which i evaluate her performance (did she or did she not achieve set objectives). siyempre, pinatulan ko ang seriousness mo.

mcvie... belat. JOKE! :)

joelmcvie said...

CC: Just for that "belat"... KAKARMAHIN ka! Mwhahahahaha! (evil laftir)

Anonymous said...

hmmmn... ur one lucky guy to have such a secretary... may i know her name...hehehe

I also have a somewhat subordinate buddy here in d offys who became my friend and confidante. He is married ryt now but i do ask him favors, esp. buying magzines which i had a hard time picking up for my self frm mag store, hehehe.

closet case said...

i am lucky, josh! no, i take it back. i am blessed. and so are you! what mags do you have your buddy buy? :)