Tuesday, July 31, 2007

How to Transfer Property Title - Part 1



I am here at the San Juan City Hall Registry of Deeds. Its 830am and office is still closed. Why am I not surprised?



This is Step 1 of a journey to transfer title of my mom's property to me. Something tells me this will be a loong journey. By 845am, the office opened and I was entertained. Oops. Wrong office. I have to go BIR to pay the corresponding taxes first. Duh oh ok.


Off I go to BIR, on the 4th floor of a commercial building where the only commerce that goes on happens on the 1st floor! 2 floors of retail space EMPTY! BIR office OIC tells me nicely that I would have to pay a freaking P165T in taxes. And I would need the certified true copies of my birth certificate, my parents' marriage contract, the tax declaration papers, etc. etc. etc. BUT BUT BUT he could probably lower the amount by P36T if I am able to show that this is my parent's conjugal property! Do you smell what I am smelling? Smells like I will owe Mr OIC a favor for such 'generosity'..

Anyway, I had to request tax declaration documents, duly authenticated, from the Assessor's Office. P60 for two copies. Accomplished fast!

It's just step 1!
.

4 comments:

YAJNAT said...

nah i dnt think it is a good thing to have the title transfered to ur name unless u really need it...not only dat ull have to pay a gift tax...anyways for as long as u pay the yearly taxes of it,,,i think dats ok...but then again its all up to u...

closet case said...

yeah, i wouldnt go through this much trouble if i didnt really need it. hay. and its just startig. thanks, yajnat!

Anonymous said...

hmmmn, dyan na "malubi"ang boss ko. His dad passed away living behind some lot properties and one with a haws... sa suma total, its like she just donated d whole property to gov't after paying all those arrears, and other taxes!!! Lots of luck to you CC! mabuti na rin yan, habang maaga eh naayos na!

Anonymous said...

I was able to get my ex back after I followed the instructions at www.saveabreakup.com I totally recommend this site, saveabreakup.com helped me a lot, all I can say is big THANKS!!! I'm so happy now...