Friday, July 6, 2007


Picture this: i am at the pitstop of the safari tour, walking in the hot, arid Dubai sun, going towards our Land Cruiser. I pass by a group of foreigners, all male, standing beside their vehicle. One of them rubbernecks me. Oooh! Is somebody actually checking me out? And when I looked at him, he had a ready smile! and he was obviously talking about me with the other guys. so i try to play pa-cute and just stand there alone in the hot sun, waiting for an approach. none coming. sigh. my nieces arrive and one whispers to me "are you smiling at someone?" she laughs and leaves me alone. unfortunately, guy doesnt want to come closer. oh well.

turns out, their cruiser is part of our team. so i know we were going to see each other again. and it happens sooner than later because their tire blows out. all four cruisers stop and the drivers help replace the tire. meanwhile, all passengers use the time to do photo ops, including this guy and his friends. soon enough, he approaches me and says hello in halting english. they are all jordanians, cousins actually - four of them. and he asks that our pics be taken together. monzr (his name, i think) puts his arm around me for the photo op. (i could feel the crown on my head...)

so we all become friends, my group and his. and we all eat dinner together at the campsite. and we have more pictures taken together. and we part ways and say goodbye.

BECAUSE they are based in abu dhabi, an hour and a half away from dubai... and they have to go back tonight.

sigh. he is cute pa naman. here he is on a camel and with his newly-tattooed arm.. hehehe

yun lang..

4 comments:

f i l l i b u s t e r o said...

"your humps your humps
you got some camel humps
check it out."

what else did you feel during the phot-op? :)

joelmcvie said...

"yun lang.."

Nak'nampohtah, pa-GURL! Ahahahaha!

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

In fairness, cute nga sya, ha.

closet case said...

i wish i felt something brushing against my butt... unfortunately, the guy's got some belly and that was what i felt rubbing against my back! hahaha