Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Creature Comforts


Got myself a driver. Major drain in my opex (operating expenses) but worth every centavo. i feel so relieved of the hassle of parking and of driving through traffic and of trying to stay awake while driving. I screen a few drivers based on the following specs: must be defensive driver, must know how to use cellphone for texting and calling. must be familiar with the streets of manila. must be amiable enough but not too talkative nor chismoso. must keep his mouth shut about his boss' affairs. i wanted to include gorgeous but i knew it was going to be difficult. I surveyed for rates of personal drivers and came up with an acceptable salary scheme. I screened them through a one-week trial process.

Just in case you are deciding to hire a driver, keep in mind some of the metrics I used. And again, I would endorse it, highly..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i'd agree with your comment. you should hire one open-minded enough to keep your secrets and to bring you to your gimmick places. me, i'd want to hire an open-minded manong. baka ma-temp lang ako e if young. hehe.

closet case said...

actually, really wanted a good-looking one. i wanted to be 'inspired'. hahaha. but you are right! i may get tempted...