Sunday, June 1, 2008

mag-exorcise tayo (...tuwing umaga)

i have ghosts in the condo. the ghosts of my ex. he continues to be all around, because a lot of his stuff remains there. we are still in the middle of negotiations. so he continues to technically own half of the place. and i get this feeling that he is deliberately sitting on the matter. perhaps because he wants storage for all that junk. and he doesn't want to have to sort through all that stuff, pick and pack.

so i have boxes lying around the tiny condo. with more things scattered throughout the nooks & crannies. ghosts. all of them.

one major ghost is the bed frame. that frame was his contribution to the unit, a piece of furniture he purchased long before. and to save on costs, he brought it to the unit. we bought the mattress. and for 7 years, that was our bed.


when he left, he didn't want to take it. he said he didn't need it. i didn't want it either. but had no choice but to use it while i shop for a new bed frame. i tried 'our home' and didn't like the designs there. too nouveau contemporary. thank God for my friend who did the interiors of the condo. he offered to custom-make a new bed frame for me! at a discount!

my sushi bed arrived this morning, a wooden bed with distressed leather headboard, tailored to my specifications (no footboard, enough space underneath for storage). it had clean straight lines, very masculine. matte wenge finish. and they painstakingly assembled it.

i also specified that it should be able to hold a variety of different people (hahaha). the absence of the footboard would allow my taller dates to stretch comfortably!



as they assembled it, i was thinking of the exorcism ritual. i was slowly taking on the ghosts of the unit with the removal of his bed frame. i'm buying a new mattress, too. but i'm not rushing that. need to study all my options.

one less ghost. hooray!



p.s. i still sleep on one side of the bed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi C.C.

I would have suggested TEMPUR mattress. The best! =)

D.C.

closet case said...

thanks, d.c! hmm. that's a serious investment!

Quentin X said...

I totally agree with the foot board. It serves no purpose. The double bed in our spare room has a foot board. I bought it be cause it was cheap and I am not using it. :) I feel sorry for my boss who is over 6 feet tall when he came to stay for a night a couple of years ago.

trey said...

i thought you would've gone for sequinned and beaded hot pink theme, with matching butterflies and rainbows, unicorns and flowers.

ay. that was mine. LOL!!!

i like the whole thing except for the comforter. seems to slice the bed into two. it should seem to ecompass the whole bed, regardless of the number of occupants.

just my 2 cents' worth.

;-)

Marcus: Bading Down Under said...

Congratulations on your new bed! :-)

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

Uy! nice bed!

Footboards suck. I once hit my on one while having sex. But that's another story.

Ming Meows said...

obviously you're still waiting for the one...

closet case said...

thanks, Quent! your boss came over??!??? sounds like an interesting story! hehehe

hi trey! the sequins i reserve for the ballgowns! hahaha! thanks for your 2 cents worth! really appreciate it!

thanks, marcus!!! im enjoying sleep lately!

thanks, john!! down with the footboards! that must have HURT! go tell your story!

maybe, ming meows... =(

Quentin X said...

My boss is straight as can be. Why do I feel defensive?