Friday, March 21, 2008

reviewing the enigma story

i found myself reviewing my posts on enigma, on partner. brought back the memories, the pain, the emotional highs. and i read your comments again and found comfort. so telenovela talaga ang naging buhay ko nuon. and that was just last year.

someone asked me about enigma, whether ill be seeing him again. ive seen enigma twice since my break-up. he was actually my valentine date. and we went out again with a friend of his about a week before i left for hk.

i still find him quite attractive. the eyes, the lips, the nose i liked. and being with him again was not awkward at all, as i initialy expected. and he warmed up to me almost instantly. there was the intimacy again. and the jokes.

but im in no hurry to get into anything with him. besides he is leaving, perhaps next year. no, i wont get into another LDR, for sure. enigma remains a sweet, sweet thing... but we hardly text anymore.

and im meeting a lot of new people now. spending time with really nice, hot guys. and im enjoying it.

so even as the enigma story was one blockbuster, it need not be told again.

but reading it also made me remember my feelings towards partner. how much i loved him. and how innocently i viewed him. and how naive i was. *sigh* all over now...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

to live, to love, to feel, to hurt, to pain...

but what is living without loving? what is loving without feeling? what is feeling without pain? what is hurt without pain?

being single is not a curse nor a blessing, it is a way of being.

migs, the manila gay guy said...

`teh, that's some sort of catharsis... ok yan, let it out. ilabas mo lang. sabay hugot sa rubber toy mo (yung maugat-ugat ba) tapos kagat-kagatin mo... you'll come out a better man. hahaha!

seriously, i'm glad to see you're enjoying your singlehood. see yah soon 'teh.

closet case said...

hi friedreich! yes. its being. and there is fun and peace in being...

salamat, mgg!!! catharsis it is!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey CC, I was one of those commentators during your ordeal with Enigma since our situation were almost the same (although I can relate more with Enigma) :-)

I'm glad that your meeting with Enigma has not resulted in any inauspiciousness.

I'm just wondering though, didn't you feel awkward when you first contacted him after your longstanding quiescence? Unfortunately, the precariousness of the situation I experienced have made me realized that no matter how enchanting and beguiling the situations may be, to never insist myself to a person who is already committed. So when I spent my vacation in Manila last January (I'm based in Dubai by the way), I was tempted to call the person but I guess the virtue of righteousness has overpowered my (about-to-be) wrongful conduct, hehehe.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're currently enjoying your single-hood. Being single is not so bad afterall! Cheers!

p.s. The next time you go to Dubai, I can show you lots of INTERESTING places that would STIMULATE your interest... hehehe

closet case said...

hey rob. yes, i actually read your comment again and how you were in the same boat as enigma. i am glad that the first enigmatic meeting (!) turned out well, no awkwardness at all. so i guess you have stopped being the 3rd person?

dubai is a great place. but im sure that you will show me so much more! *wink*

Anonymous said...

Yes, I ceased being a bad ass (ouch!), hehehe.

I guess life experience gives you knowing... and through this knowing that you (try to) forfend the same (bad) experience to ever happen again...

I didn't consider meeting him a hapless experience by the way...for loving him made me realized the value of commitment, honesty and of course the felicity felt when I was around him. It would have been a perfect match since we're very similar and compatible in a lot of ways, specially in the (good)looks department, hehehe (yabang!!!)

Anyway, that was all in the past and right now, I'm enjoying my being single just like you.

Rob

closet case said...

nice lessons learned, rob... let's celebrate singlehood!

Anonymous said...

haaay, memories, some good I(worth cherising), some bad (almost like a nightmare)but all of these make who we are now. i really luv those enigma posts of urs. :)

closet case said...

thanks, josh. it was really a nice part of my life i loved sharing...

frondizi said...

alam mo i can totally relate... my ex and I were still seeing each other and sometimes it end up on a hot night feels like were still together but we dont see each other on a regular basis it just happens maybe we miss each other... the kiss, the warmth of his hug still the same, sometimes I just wanna say to try it again but I dont want it to come from me... kailan kya nya marerealize? haay