Thursday, July 16, 2009

TOFM search to go online?

been wondering if i should include the cyberverse in my search for TOFM (the one for me).

i used to chat much back in the late 90's. yes, that long ago. i was still on an ms platform so mIRC's gay manila (or something like that) was the convenient chat room. and there was this other u.s. website i'd visit to chat for international 'friends'. i used to log-in twice a day to chat. and i built up quite a network of domestic and foreign cyberpals. then the interest just died down.

i did set-up my g4m account, but mainly to watch webcam jerk-offs. but i got tired of that, too.

but now that the offline venues for meeting TOFM have sort of dried up, i'm curious about going online again. the fabcasters tackled this previously, in relation to mgg's online meet-up experience. but i still hear of the horror stories, the urban legends. of how the eb used a photo 10years back. or how delusional some of them get regarding being straight-acting.

people, what do you think?

do you think my chances of meeting TOFM are better online than offline? how would you rate the various pink dating/hook-up sites? what's the best attitude to wear while doing this? what's your take on this? what experience have you had?

i really want to know what you guys think.

11 comments:

Herbs D. said...

its always better to start things out on the real world rather than online. Online, people get to wear masks- you wouldn't be really sure about them until you meet them in person

some you might connect with online but not in the realworld. i dont know what pink dating is but don't you think going off to those hookup sites gives off desperation? the best attitude for me would be ummm....flirty and witty. guys always fall for that charm.

in terms of experiences, all of my m2m relationships started online and eventually progresses to meeting up, then sex. its sickening.

sabagay, its the 20th century. nothing is impossible nowadays. whatever you feel like doing, CC. as long as you're willing to face the consequences :-p

besides, sa pogi mong yan. if i know, maraming may gusto sayo diyan. ayaw lang magsalita :-p charing.

update us nalang hahaha

Unknown said...

for me, it's not about online or offline. it's keeping yourself open for possibilities. sabi nga, love is always there. it's just up to us to accept it.

Anonymous said...

IMO, offline search for possible hook-up / dates is better para wala na yung element of surprise, read; frustrations o di ko pala type or peke pala lahat ang sinabi on-line. Mas maganda yung actual physical challenged sa ganitong adventure.

Ming Meows said...

it is better. it's like going to palengke versus online shopping. pwede mo silang pisil-pisilin at amuy-amuyin. char!

Mac & Hubbee said...

cc???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

count how many question marks i have as a comment for this...

Jon said...

Yes, I think the chances of finding TOFY (the one for you), is through the net because they already label themselves as one of us. Unlike in real life, you still have to confirm and re-confirm if indeed they go with males too. It's like the screening or elimination process has already been done for you in the net, but then you still have the last say on whom who you would want to meet

Anonymous said...

offline. :)

Marco said...

You used to mIRC? How long ago was this? I used to chat too in #gm back in the late 90's until it became a meat market in the early 2000.

Anyway, I think it's alright to check online but be prepared to date a lot of frogs before meeting your "prince". And I use that loosely. I did just that after my 6 year relationship ended. Dated a number of posers and some that just ended up with sex but that's where I eventually met my current partner. We've been together for close to 3 years now and very much happy. I think what worked was that I was very upfront with what i wanted in my profile. I believe that if I want honest people, I have to be honest first. I guess it worked for me.

After all that, I wish you luck in finding the one whether it be online or off.

joelmcvie said...

TOFM is a chimera, an illusion, a mirage... whether online or off.

CHAROT! =)

Wag mong hanapin siya. Mahahanap ka niya. In about 48 years. Bwhahaha!

Anonymous said...

Short answer: Offline.

Long answer: Too long, I could write a blog about it. But, not for now. :-P

Be happy, Jollibee

Dats said...

offline cc...