Saturday, August 27, 2011

mini celebs

another maelstrom hits pinoy tweetdom. james soriano and his tagalog. Just two weeks ago, it was Chris Lao and the parting of the panay Ave sea. Ordinary people become instant celebrities as they are vilified online. The spotlight is on the latest person to get the ire of the pinoy online. Heroes never get that quick a popularity surge. I'm pretty sure James is finding out the downside of fame or infamy, as friend Chris was recounting previously. He would get stares, uncomfortable as he would walk by. And even if I dont know James soriano from Adam previously, all that information floating in cyberspace about him have been reassembled to give the curious a profile of the English-speaking twat. Ahhh. That was also what happened to Chris. Suddenly everybody knew of his academic credentials. And these were used against him.

Time will tell how they will play their moment of fame to their advantage. A TV guesting? A book deal? Pinoy big brother? Hmmm. Now what can I cook up to have my moment? Lol. Be careful what I wish for!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets beaten up in the streets because of his kayabangan at matapobre attitude

tony said...

smells like malu fernandez of yore.

tony said...

hmmm... another to follow the footsteps of malu fernandez of yore? teeheehee.

ethan h said...

I have not read the full article but I agree with James Soriano.

Our maid at home was complaining why one of the households on our street can afford to pay the house help a salary of 10,000 per month. I said that there must be a catch.

"Sinong amo ito?" I asked.

"Bretes," she replied.

"Ano?"

"Bretes."

"Ahh. British!" I exclaimed. "Kung gusto mo nang 10,000 kada buwan eh matuto ka muna mag Ingles. Tataasan ko sweldo mo sa sampung libo kapag marunong ka na mag Ingles. Sige, from now on, let's just talk in English."

She giggled.