Friday, February 29, 2008

A Touching Gesture




Our household help gave me this bouquet of roses and a handmade greeting card. There were five of them who signed on the card. It was a simple greeting of happy birthday with well-wishes. But it really touched me, knowing that they labored on this and spent good money to get me that bouquet.

I saw this bouquet this morning. I didnt see it last night coming from my wonderful date with blogger-crush. I didnt open the lights because ex was sleeping soundly on the sofabed. when i saw it, though, i was half-wondering whether it came from him. so i had to confirm with the help since there was a card beside it. stupid me to almost think he would have given the roses.

but i had a great, memorable birthday celebration. okay, it was kinda weird when i woke up to see ex was there. i was able to leave before he woke up. i went to Mass with my parents. Then i had a morning meeting. Then i had lunch again with my folks and my secretary/confidante.

in the afternoon, i squeezed in some personal training sessions with my instructor. then i met up with blogger-crush. we had dinner at a secluded date place, italian menu, wine cellar setting with amorsolo type paintings (?). hehe. it was a first date and i had so much fun listening to him and just being with him... sigh. that was very nice.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

haberdi! sana magkatuluyan kayo... at sana may link sa blog ni blogger-crush =)

Dats said...

can I have your household helper?! they're so sweet...hehehehehe

dr magsasaka said...

Belated happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great day. Your help are good to you because you must be great to them. They celebrate the fact that you are there. So do we. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. :-)

Though the year didn't start for you on a good note, I hope that the rest of the year would be a great one for you.

closet case said...

thanks, gbic! hmmm. ill have to keep you guessing on blogger-crush! hehehe =)

sure, dats! maybe we could share? hehehe

thanks, dr farmer!

thanks, anonymous one! i treat our help as people because that's what they are. unfortunately, i see many people not treat help with the same respect. thanks for being so nice!

thanks, vince! the year started well, in fact! a lot of pain but heck, it made my life more interesting! hehe

f i l l i b u s t e r o said...

bat andun ex mo?
blogger-crush?
BC and CC sitting on a tree...
hippo, birdy, two ewes!

Anonymous said...

CC, tnx for d wonderful 2 cents on what happened to me. yeah now i'm learning d trade. di ko na pinost ha, ako na lang mag reflect on it! :)

I really hope i can see u soon CC!

BTW, those r really nice roses and i'm glad that FUN is back in ur lyf. Hope mine will cum soon! :)

closet case said...

ex still stays in the condo, filli! at ano naman yung hippo and birdie???

we really should get together sometime, josh!