Monday, February 25, 2008

picking up the pieces...

sorry for the long absence. mydsl dissed me no end. was dead for a couple of days. grrr.

but its back and im back. and im really back. now my birthday's coming up and i really have all the reasons to be happy again. yesterday, my colleagues treated me to a children's birthday party... at the half-way house I visit often! they organized everything for the 60 kids (ages 1 to 12) who are current residents at the place. it was a great Sunday afternoon. they organized games with prizes for the kids. and they were all just up and about.

particularly touching was the birthday card made by the brothers & sisters I have become close to in the past years. i was really touched that my friendship with them, as simple as it is (a visit or two a month, a treat to Jollibee sometimes), has made such a difference in their outlook. and i got to meet new kids, some who are just aching for a friendly hug... human touch that they couldnt get enough of hugging.

then i treated the family with all the help to Chinese food. it was so nice to see my big extended family enjoying the good food! just felt really warm and fuzzy inside.

that was a great Sunday, the first of a series of birthday celebrations leading up to Thursday! so much to be thankful for... no more reason for self-pity!

2 comments:

Dats said...

belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! :)

closet case said...

not yet my birthday but any greeting from you is WIDELY APPRECIATED!