Wednesday, February 11, 2009

reminiscing again

crappy auditor's post 'afraid for love to fade' lifted me up and gave me a rush of old memories.

a local band previously made a cover, a cover which to this day i love. it was part of an album recycling old songs, mostly from the 70's (just like this one)

one of the vocalists i had a crush on. i found him cute, sexy and he sings so well. i had a chance to finally meet him and the rest of the band mates through a friend. so we were on 'hi hello' basis after.

one night, i was at this bar in qc and he was there, too. all of us were friends of the owners. being a small, intimate bar, we were all huddled around the table, and he was beside me.

the physical contact was inevitable. there were the high-fives, the elbow nudges, the knees knocking. but at one point, the hand, first on my back drifted to my butt, very clandestinely. i felt electricity right there. soon, it was followed by a whisper in the ear.

i spent the night at his place. i was just dazed that something actually transpired between me and my crush.

i was still swooning over him when this album came out. friends and i watched the launch concert. and i swore it felt like he was actually singing the song to me, looking at me. well, that's what i wanted to feel...

we went out twice after but only on friendly dates. turned out that he had lover but he wanted to keep me as a special friend.

i watched his mini-concert last year. he is still an awesome singer. and still cute. but we remain friends. with a special past.

6 comments:

Chuck said...

closer you and i ba yung song?

Anonymous said...

... he's not part of the band na di ba? :0)

Ming Meows said...

blind item ba eto?

closet case said...

haha, nope. i mentioned the song earlier, charles!

Co: hmmmmmmmm.

M_M: as always bulag ang item na etoh!

Anonymous said...

obvious naman yung clue... ha ha ha

closet case said...

di naman...