Sunday, January 11, 2009

a bigger enigma

well, literally, bigger. he has probably gained 20 to 30 lbs since. we finally got around to meet after many attempts. we dont really text as often. and admittedly, there are other priorities in my life now.

but it was good seeing him again. his eyes and his smile are as sweet as i remember them to be. and he was a jovial. he invited me to join him and his friends to a dinner at a friend's place. this was his core barkada and their lovers. ive met them before. and they all warmly welcomed me. we all had a great time over a bottle of Grand Marnier.

i was looking at enigma and thinking that i didnt play that card well. but i also knew that he wasnt THE card. and though i would have wanted to end with a kiss, the guy is better off without me complicating his life again.

he would look at me and i sometimes read a 'what happened to us' look. or im just reading too much.

we would always remain to neither here nor there, neither friends nor lovers. "we" will always be an enigma. and i think it is better this way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ikaw naman, tumaba lang. hmp.

Anonymous said...

I like that word, Enigma.

"we would always remain to neither here nor there, neither friends nor lovers. "we" will always be an enigma. and i think it is better this way."

Exactly how Voldemort (a nick I use to refer to my ex) and I have become. And I couldn't agree more, it IS better this way.

p.s. too bad we missed each other last Saturday. You had already left when my partner and I had met up with the group. Was able to chat with McVie though. Perhaps next time.

closet case said...

hey, a cc-enigma fan! hehe i never thought one existed! di naman sa tumaba lang siya. parang nagbago na lang ang mga nararamdaman!

hey marco! love the nick - voldermort! too bad i didnt get to meet you. perhaps next time! all up to flipping felipe to organize! (or to invite me again)