Saturday, November 27, 2010

10 minutes of glory

my pt (personal trainer) and i were texting:
boss, isali kita sa contest.
contest?
oo, boss, madali lang. kayang kaya mo. sony walkman mp3 player ang prize.
haha. tignan natin.

i got to the gym. he was waiting for me, waving at the sony walkman booth at the reception area.

yehey! nandiyan na ang pambato ko! (he was boasting to the other trainers) sige boss, magpalit ka na.

suddenly i was feeling preysured not unlike janna san miguel.

i did my weigh-in first after dressing up. even my nutrition counselor was egging me on. wow, sir! kaya mo yan! pero may kasalanan ka sa akin! naku ang daming buffet last week! panuorin kita!

well, there was no backing out now. my pt showed me the 'challenge': to what seemed like a deadlift to bicep curl to shoulder press movement with a 45lb dumbbell to failure. most no of reps wins.

boss, ang record 60. i looked at the list and saw about 15 names there. aside from the 60, mostly in the range of 30's- 40's.

kaya mo yan boss. malakas ang lower back at quads mo. at alam kong goal-oriented ka.

the other pt's and members start to gather around.

si idol pala yan! wow. kayang kaya ni idol yan! goes some of the pt's. (idol?)

so i started. and about a small group crowded around me, counting the reps.

30-31-32-33 i was starting to feel the fatigue.
42-43-44-45 shortness of breath. but all i could see was me (i was infront of the mirror). i had to make sure i still had the form. and i was breathing properly.
58-58-60 applause from all around. hanep. kaya pa yan! 100 reps!, shouts one of the onlookers. but i was really really tired by that time.
i did it up to 70. upon finishing, applause everywhere. i was the star. galeng mo boss! sabi ko na nga ba! kaya mo yan! goal-oriented ka!

even my pt knows me so well. challenge me. set a goal for me. and no matter how menial the task, ill go for that goal. reach that objective.

for the next minutes, i was smiling and panting, being congratulated.

until 'doc' came along. they challenged him, taunted him, pointed me to him and told them of my '70' record.

i tried to be nonchalant. we started our training. but i couldnt help but listen in as they started counting the reps for him.

65-66-67 ang bilis naman!
69-70-71 there goes my record. my personal best. shattered.

he stopped after 71, secure that he has beaten the previous record.

some guys rooting for me were sour-graping. swinging movement lang siya. di naman sila strikto sa form. oo nga. mali yung movement niya. siyempre kayang-kaya ang 70!

i was thinking along those lines too. hmmmpff. incorrect movement. but then again, it wasnt his fault. nobody corrected him. nobody bothered to monitor. i was trying to beat the monster called envy.



the dust settled. 71 is the new record to beat. as for me, i enjoyed my 10 minutes of Idol! hahaha.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Lone wolf Milch said...

nice buti pa kayo may contest kami wala hihihihi

parang survivor philppines ah ang challenge

Nimmy said...

wow!!!!! congrats! sikat ka naman sa blogosphere! belat kay "71" guy. behlat!!! :P

ahihi

paci said...

idol pa rin!!! =)

Ming Meows said...

duh, only one repitition.

RG-boy said...

hahaha. galing ni idol. kuya, isa kang tunay na idol.

kirk050181 said...

galing naman... kahit 10 minutes lang..ikaw pa rin