Wednesday, February 22, 2012

the ecu 3

Hooray! I completed yet again the Cardio Stress test! All 7 stages, 21 minutes total! The difficulty level is progressive from 1 to 7. It starts out at 3kph at a 3% incline then goes all the way to 8.8kph (which is really not too fast) but at a 20+% incline. Each stage is 3 minutes. I remember there was a time I didn't complete this. But I did finish it last year. And I finished it again. The doctor and the operators were saying they have never witnessed a patient complete the test. So I got challenged! hanggang dito, competitive ako! And at the last stage, I was really about to give back. They were actually cheering for me to finish it. So I did what I had to do! hahaha My heart rate went up to 180bpm which is like 115% of maximum heart rate. The doctor wasn't worried because my rate remained very stable. And my blood pressure was at 150/80! Feeling athlete! So I give myself a pat on the back for this. I don't think I'll be able to do it anymore next year. It took a lot out of me. They still need to read that loooong chart of my heart. And that comes after a few days. I also had a 2D echo, which is basically an ultrasound of your heart. I had that before the treadmill. That was tiring on a different level. I had to maintain a certain position lying down (on my side) for like 30 minutes. I was wondering when that would end. The male attendant who administered the ecg machine had an ok body. young and lean. But the face, well, need to be Belofied. LOL. As he lifted my tank top to install the ecg points: "Sir saan niyo nakuha yung katawan niyo?" "Huh?" "Sa workout ba yan, Sir? Oh sa trabaho niyo?" I smiled. "Work out lang yan" Obviously, mr attendant knows how to admire. :) The chest xray followed. And those are my lungs on the monitor.
You've got to hand it to technology. Results are just instantaneous. It's 10pm. And I've been on a fast for two hours. A total no-water, no-food fast till tomorrow morning. I'm already thirsty. Hay. And to think I tried to load myself with water before 8pm cut-off. This is one challenge. The other challenge is the stool sample. Ugggh! I hate this part. They give you this little plastic container to put your stool sample in. They actually require just small portion (about 1/4 teaspoon). They tell you this because some patients get a cup-full of shit. YUCK! Bad part is, im suddenly shit-shy. Hehe. My bowels don't seem to want to move. Hay. Maybe tomorrow. I'm left with the abdominal ultrasound (which needs to be with a truly empty stomach AND a full bladder!) and the blood extraction. Then I'm done. I hope this finishes early.

1 comment:

Marky Boy said...

As he lifted my tank top to install the ecg points: "Sir saan niyo nakuha yung katawan niyo?" "Huh?" "Sa workout ba yan, Sir? Oh sa trabaho niyo?" I smiled. "Work out lang yan"

* What kind of job was he thinking, kargador?