Thursday, February 9, 2012

regimented life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZgIk2b68gQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player


this song is such a gay anthem, for a certain age range of fags. I was trying to recall how old I was when this became popular. And thanks to the internet i dont have to think too much. It was first released in 1977 and then again in 1982. And that spans my high school years!

I think this became an anthem because it is a harlot's song! hahaha (pc loves using the old-world term!) To be more precise, it is a romantic harlot's song. Check out the lyrics:

Hey lady, you, lady, cursin' at your life
You're a discontented mother and a regimented wife
I've no doubt you dream about the things you never do
But I wish someone had a talk to me like I wanna talk to you
Ooh I've been to Georgia and California, oh, anywhere I could run
Took the hand of a preacherman and we made love in the sun
But I ran out of places and friendly faces because I had to be free

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me

Please lady, please, lady, don't just walk away
'Cause I have this need to tell you why I'm all alone today
I can see so much of me still living in your eyes
Won't you share a part of a weary heart that has lived a million lies
Oh I've been to Nice and the isle of Greece
Where I sipped champagne on a yacht
I moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things
That a woman ain't s'posed to see

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me

Hey, you know what paradise is? It's a lie
A fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be
But you know what truth is?
It's that little baby you're holding, and it's that man you fought with this morning
The same one you're going to make love with tonight. That's truth, that's love

Sometimes I've been to cryin' for unborn children
That might have made me complete
But I, I took the sweet life and never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet
I spent my life exploring the subtle whoring that cost too much to be free

Hey lady, I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me

Oh di ba? Don't you just love the part "I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman aint supposed to see?". Hahaha. My mind would always conjure that particular image of Diana Ross in Mahogany. With her back to the camera, this richi wealthy patron of hers disrobes her from her sequined long gown, exposing her full naked back. And he starts kissing her nape, while she looks away, disgusted at herself.m Hahaha

Fast forward to CC life. No, I never had a preacherman. Never been to Georgia. Never been to Nice. Never been undressed by a king, or anyone remotely close to blue blood royalty. So which part resonates with me now?

You're a disconcerted mother and a regimented wife.

Actually even then, I would wonder about "regimented". It seemed alien to me. I associated the term with the military. Of course, in time, l got to know the context of this and realized where dear Charlene was coming from. But this is where I differ from her. I love the regimented life I have now. I love the order of things, the predictability. Even though I do have some streaks of wildness and spontaneity, I still go back to the settled, comfortable ways.

With my busy schedules now, with meetings all over the place, there are a few items on my schedule that remain 'regimented' and almost sacred:

- my Saturdays with pc
- my Friday mass service schedule
- my MWF evening gym training
- my Sunday run
- of course work falls in there somewhere.hehe

but what i would still like to incude would be:
- a day for watching movies
- one for reading books
- one for reading Time and other magazines
- one for watching TV/ series

then and some more activities...
- voice lessons
- swimming for fitness
- blogging
- joy driving

So you see, Ms Charlene, regimented is not so bad. Even for an ex Harlot. :-)

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

Hahaha. This is so timely, Sir CC!

My officemate and I just discussed this song last week. And oh, she's a fag-hag type of woman lol.

closet case said...

Hahaha i must have read your minds!